Somehow I forgot about blogging. But I think I may get back into it again. In addition to "normal" articles in my "I Always Play a Thief" blog, I want to continue writing in my pinball blog too. For example I think I want to continue my series on Pinball game design and other pinball topics.
So I will start working on those. In the meantime, I thought I would paste in my basic Game of Thrones PRO strategy guide. For safe keeping.
People ask me if if I will write an advanced version. Also they want an LE / Premium version too. I want to do both of those and I plan to someday.
This was originally written because hundreds of people at PINBALL EXPO 2015 were about to see and play the game for the first time. AND it was used in the tournament. I was thinking holy crap! This is a pretty complicated game. So I wrote the basics of what is needed to start to understand the game.
Game of Thrones PRO Basic Strategy Guide V01.01.15.10.0
- You can spend your Gold on items available at the Mystery Feature. More Gold will mean you can afford more powerful or more lucrative items.
- Gold increases the value of End of Ball Bonus. Acquiring Bonus Multipliers increases your bonus even more. Shoot the orbits to get the ball to the top lanes. Completing the top lanes will award +1 Bonus Multiplier and will advance you closer to Wall Multiball by one increment.
- Keep the Gold you have and save it for something bigger or better, risking that you may or may not have another opportunity to buy something.
- Spend Gold for the most expensive item you can afford.
- Spend Gold for something less than the most expensive item and different in nature.
- Light Targaryen
- Award +3X Bonus Multipliers
- Start 2X Video Mode
- Light Lock
- Award +10 Wildfire.
- Light Extra Ball
- Light 3X Super Jackpot
- +200 Gold
- +5 Wildfire
- Light Extra Ball
- Advance Wall Multiball
- Increase Winter is Coming
- Award Special
- You don’t want to play the mode because it is better stacked with other modes.
- You want to continue to play the main-play features like lighting other Modes because you are on a roll and you want to continue.
- You don’t want to play now because you want to play another mode first and it is not lit yet.
- You want to stack the mode(s) with Blackwater Multiball but you need to lock more balls first.